Filipinos In America. Stories of Triumph Over Trials.
On 01/06/18, The Filipino American Chamber of Commerce of San Diego attended and supported the Black & White Party of "Filipinos in America: Stories of Triumph over Trials" at The Filipino School in Scripps Ranch. Dr. Catherine Sy Luib of Luib Health Center and Mr. Ted John Mendoza of Sun Sol Realty, Inc. listened in on the many heartfelt stories shared by the speakers. It was the first of an upcoming series of participants of this new project, with L.A. Consul General Adelio Angelito S. Cruz, San Diego Honorary Consul Audie de Castro and Master of Ceremony Francine Maigue. This project allows more FilAm stories to be heard, stories of resilience, courage and resourcefulness of the Filipino and was skillfully organized by Betty Pomar-Burgos Bael.
The First of the Series Stories:
1. "Came Out In One Piece" by Dr. Renato dela Rosa
2. "Show Me What You Got" by Myrna Montera Lopez
3. "Sorry, But You Have No Local Experience" by Dr. Aurora Soriano Cudal
4. "Pinoy Ako!" by Christopher Aquino
5. "When God Knocks, Let Him In" by Ofelia Fortich Cabrera Acosta
6. "Wrestling With My Maker" by Norma Austin
7. "The Party's Over" by Betty Pomar-Burgos Bael
To read the stories of the first series of this recently launched project, "Filipinos in America: Stories of Triumph over Trials", click the following link: www.filamstories.blogspot.com